Left-over Puff Pastry Pie
26 January 2020
This is a perfect, quick and healthy dish to make using up
leftovers. We used salmon, but you could use chicken or beef, or
keep it vegetarian with extra veggies!
Small drizzle olive oil
1 small leek, sliced
2-3 small broccoli florets, cooked
2-3 mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp sweetcorn
1 tbsp soft crème cheese
freshly ground black pepper
Sprinkle dried Italian herbs
1 salmon fillet cut into cubes
½ roll puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C
2. Add a small drizzle of olive oil into a small non-stick frying
pan and heat gently. Add the sliced leek, sauté for 3-4 mins until
starting to soften.
3. Next add the already blanched broccoli, sliced mushrooms and
4. Heat gently for 2-3 mins, meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together
the soft cheese and 2 tbsp hot water along with black pepper, a
pinch of LoSalt and a sprinkle of dried Italian herbs.
5. Mix together using a fork and pour over the
6. Next, add the cubed salmon fillet to the pan alongside the
vegetables and stir gently.
7. Pour the pie filling into 2 small ramekins, ensuring you get
all the juice!
8. Now cut 2 puff pastry tops, slightly bigger than the ramekins
and place on top of the pies, pinching the edges to fit snugly. Now
brush with a beaten egg and cut a couple of small air holes in the
top of each pie.
9. Pop on a baking tray (in case of spills) and place in the
pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins until the pie filling is bubbling
and the pastry is golden.
MAKES 2 mini pies